Sunday, January 28, 2018

Topic Brainstorm

A carving of Indra. Source: Wikimedia
Yaksha Prashna:

I am interested in this topic because it seems like a unique story about tests and riddles, which I am interested in.  I don't really have any prior knowledge about the subject, but I am interested to learn how Yudhishthira answers the questions.  I would like to tell this story in a monty pyton setting maybe.  I think that could be pretty fun to do with the riddle bridge in monty python.

Samudra Manthan:

I am interested in this topic because it sounds like a cool story about powerful gods at odds with each other that all have great power.  I don't know anything about these stories, but I am interested to get into the details about how this power struggle comes about.  I don't really know how I'd like to tell this story and it would have to be something I think about a bit more. 

Ravana:

I am interested in Ravana because it looks like it will be interesting stories about Ravana and his evil deeds, culminating in a battle where he is defeated.  I haven't read about these stories before, but I am excited to see how it is illustrated and narrated in the comic book.  I think this story could be told from a game of thrones perspective because of the feuds and bouts over land that seem to be a part of Ravana's story. 

Indra:

Indra seems like an interesting topic because I really like  the mythology of Thor and Zeus and he is a similar god to them.  I haven't heard this story before but I'm sure the parts where he defeats great evils will be interesting.  I think telling this story as a first person reflection of his past good deeds when he knows people have stopped worshiping him as much would be kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment