Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Reading Options

A statue depicting Ravana. Source: Wikimedia
I am excited about the various reading assignment options we are able to choose from.  I think I will be interested in the graphic novel readings because I think they are a great way to tell stories like the ones we will be reading in this class.  The one about Ravana and his war with the gods sounds interesting.  I think the novelistic adaptation of The Ramayama stories sounds interesting to explore and read about especially if it can be broken up across a couple reading assignments.  The groups of anthological stories seems nice to get a bunch of short stories about various characters in Indian mythos that aren't discussed elsewhere.  The Contest short story for week 9 seems interesting to me with a tournament between highly trained princes.

No comments:

Post a Comment