Friday, January 19, 2018

Thoughts On The Growth Mindset

A meme I found that inspired me.  source: Meme Blog

I have never heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset philosophy.  I can see many ways through what she talked about in the videos to improve my learning habits at school.  Praising difficulty and the process is a new concept to me and one that I think could improve the way I learn new information.  The idea of taking more risks in my academic life seems like something that would be helpful in challenging myself and engaging more in school.

2 comments:

  1. David, I want to start by saying I love the image that you chose. It really captures the spirit of the growth mindset and the cat looks so cute and curious. Like you, I had never heard of the growth mindset before, but I'm glad I had the chance to learn about it this semester. Best of luck to you this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David!
    I agree with your views on the growth mindset concept. But I think challenging oneself is ultimately beneficial because if one is never challenged, how else can you prove your potential? In addition, wouldn't one get bored by always settling for the easy or safe way. Anyway, good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete